Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hey! Watch Where You're Steppin! – Proverbs 4:26


26 Ponder the path of your feet; then all your ways will be sure. 
– Proverbs 4:26



Hey! Watch Where You're Steppin!

"Ponder the path of your feet..."

When was the last time you actually thought about the path you are walking on?  I'm not talking about concrete or asphalt or dirt - no, I am talking about your spiritual path.  What path are you taking to the Lord?  Is it a path full of detours and distractions?  Maybe a boulder or two to climb over and a couple of creeks that take you off-route until you can find a good place to cross?  Or . . .  is your path well thought out, and you are taking steps of purpose,  and you are one of those people that like to get from point A to point B as quickly and with as little stopping as possible.  I have found that I'm a little bit of both at times.  

I'm happy to say that it's getting much easier for me to walk on my path with purpose and I am finding it easier not to get distracted by funny billboards or interesting or odd scenery, but it has taken a lot of practice.  I was really bad at first - I would zig-zag all over the place and I would find myself taking avenues I never thought I would take, and ultimately I would find myself lost and confused.  I still have that potential in me, so now I try to stay on the routes I know best.

I try to use my GPS - God's Path System.  It's kind of reversed from the usual GPS that are in most cars today.  In those systems, you enter a destination address and "The Voice" tells you step-by-step how to get there.  In my GPS, I do all the talking along the way . . . it goes something like this:

– "Lord, do You want me to go here?" 
– "Father, I'm feeling lost - can You help me get back on the right path?"
– "Jesus, I know there's a road block up ahead, can You help me get around it?"
– "Holy Spirit, I need You to drive right now because I'm starting to feel a little lost!"

Not only does this work for me, but it has the added benefit of always being in communication with God - and THAT keeps my mind clear to hear from Him throughout my day.  I also try to only listen to praise music or Teachings of His Word so that my soul is constantly being fed.  Are ALL my ways sure?  Not always.  Am I getting better at staying on my path?  Absolutely!  

How can you do it?
The Bible tells us to think on (Ponder) THESE things:
    Whatever is Pure
    Whatever is Holy
    Whatever is True
    Whatever is Honorable
    Whatever is Just
    Whatever is Pure
    Whatever is Lovely
    Whatever is Commendable
    Whatever is Excellent
    Whatever is Worthy of Praise

Basically . . . whatever is Jesus!  

That's the best way to ponder your path!  Your path will take care of itself when you think on Him and in all things and in all ways, if you acknowledge Him, He will make your paths straight and He will keep the darkness from in front of you!  You will never get or be lost again!

Prayer
Father, I thank You for the Light that is Your Son Jesus.  Your Word says that He is the Lamp for my feet and the Light for my path and I rely on Him to keep my way to You clear.  I pray that I will always think on Him as I navigate through my life.  You have made a way for me and I am loving the journey Lord!

Have a blessed day my everyone!

- Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment