Monday, February 13, 2012

Sing Aloud Upon Your Beds – Psalm 42:8

8 May the Lord show his constant love during the day, so that I may have a song at night, a prayer to the God of my life. (Good News Translation)
– Psalm 42:8





Sing aloud upon your beds!
The Lord loves you!  He cares for you and He walks with you and He sits with you every minute, of every day – Rejoice!  

It's easy to remember that when everything is going well and the sun is shining and Spring has sprung . . . but what about when things aren't going so well?  



God is still right there!


He's waiting for us to acknowledge Him and to discuss our problems with Him.  He delights in turning our cloudy days into bright smiles and having us become a witness of the great and awesome love that He has for us.  It is when others, who know we are going through hard times, see us walking in victory—when it is clear that we should have stayed in bed—that God is displayed and glorified.  It is those times that the light that lives within us shines brightly . . . despite our circumstances.

Remembering that He is right there with us isn't always easy, but with practice, it becomes quite comfortable and even though the world, (and other Christians for that matter), would understand us moping around with our heads hung low, they can only watch amazed at how gracefully we seem to go through trials.  As we acknowledge Him and celebrate His love for us throughout our day, He gives us songs to sing aloud upon our beds (try not to wake up your spouse)!

Prayer
Lord You are my best friend.  You know when things are going wrong and when life seems to be ganging up on me –  but I am so thankful that I only need to whisper Your name and you always bring a smile to my lips.  May I learn to always acknowledge you first on both my bad days and good days so that my conversations with you become a natural, easy part of who I am.  I am so grateful for Your loving attention during my day and I thank You for the peace You give me as I lay my head to rest each night.

Have a blessed day everyone!

– Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment