Friday, February 17, 2012

Who Are You? – 1 Corinthians 15:10


10 But by God's grace I am what I am, and the grace that He gave me was not without effect.  On the contrary, I have worked harder than any of the other apostles, although it was not really my own doing, but God's grace working with me.
1 Corinthians 15:10





Who Are You?


There is a musical group called "Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians" and they have a song called "What I Am" - here are a few of the lyrics:

What I am is what I am, 
are you what you are or what?
Oh I'm not aware of too many things,
I know what I know if you know what I mean. 

In my mind, that kind of sums up the world view on self realization.  Everyone thinks they know who they are and they know that everything they know is the right thing to know.  They are so certain of themselves and the way they think that they won't even consider that God exists - only that they exist.  What a sad way to live.

I know who I am, and I know what I am, but most importantly, I know THAT I am because God saved me from myself and the certain death I was headed for.  I know what I know because He lives in me and I can see, through the power of the Holy Spirit, a world that is hurting and in need of a Savior.  I have compassion for them because He had compassion for me and He pulled me out of the pit of despair.  He set my feet upon a rock - and now I know!

I love you, my brothers and sisters and this I know - God loves you - Jesus loves you, and the Holy Spirit has your back!  No matter what you are going through, no matter how difficult it might seem at the moment, the Love and the Grace and the Peace of Christ is always with you - to strengthen you - this day, and all the days of your life.

Prayer
Lord, I pray that the love and grace and peace that You showed me all those years ago, be showered on my brothers and sisters and that this day, they are able to know that You are with them - no matter what they are going through.  I pray Lord that the warmth and comfort of Your Holy Spirit envelope each one of them as they face their day.  Help me Lord, that by Your grace, I would be able to demonstrate Your love to someone in need today. 

Have a blessed day everyone - and know that you are who you are - because of who He is!

-Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment