Thursday, February 23, 2012

28 But as for me, how wonderful to be near God, to find protection with the Sovereign Lord and to proclaim all that he has done!
- Psalm 73: 28





Time for Some "Props"

I have been reflecting lately on how good God has been to me and it really surprised me to realize that I have been living in the Favor Of God yet I have not spent the time acknowledging His marvelous grace and goodness. Oh I have been singing His praises and I have been lifting Him up and definitely spending more time in His Word, but I haven't really thanked Him for the specific blessings that He has so graciously sent my way. Here is just a short list (for illustration purposes) that I want to thank Him for:

  • My wonderful and beautiful wife (she is an angel)
  • My health (even though I still suffer from arthritis, I know that without His help, I would not be doing well)
  • My family (they love me despite knowing me)
  • My grandchildren (they are a joy to behold)
  • My job (I am productive and prosperous)
  • My sanity (life is crazy good)
  • My ability to laugh (my favorite blessing I think)
  • My ability to see the good in people (I wasn't always able to)
. . . . . . and on-and-on . . . etc., etc.

I think it is good to thank Him for even the small and seemingly trivial things in our lives that are good - like being able to wiggle your toes for instance. Isn't it awesome to be able to do that?

Start reflecting on all of the things God has blessed you with today. I'm pretty sure you will start to see His providence and His love for you in the details of your day and in your life. Share some of those things with someone and let them know how good God is - He deserves the recognition!

Prayer
Lord thank You for my life. Thank You for making sure that everything I need to live has been taken care of - the clean air, the warmth of the sun, the light of the day, and the cool of the night. Thank You for being a God of details and for loving me so much. I pray that I can adequately proclaim the blessings that You have poured out for me and in so doing, glorify Your name to all those around me!


Have a blessed day everyone - and tell someone about it!

-Richard

1 comment:

  1. Amen!! I am so thankful for my AWESOME husband and all the rest you mentioned. Your ability to laugh, as long as it's not at me :), helps keep a light heart in our home. I also love the way you sing your silly little songs and worship songs. I love you!

    ReplyDelete