Friday, February 24, 2012

By Faith... – Hebrews 11:32-34

32 And what more shall I say ? For time will fail me if I tell of GideonBarakSamsonJephthah, of David and Samuel and the prophets
33 who by faithconquered kingdomsperformed acts of righteousnessobtained promisesshut the mouths of lions, 
34 quenched the power of fireescaped the edge of the sword, from weakness made strongbecame mighty in warput foreign armies to flight. were
– Hebrews 11:32-34





By Faith...
What are you facing today?  How are you going to face it?  Do you have the faith to know that you will make it through successfully - no matter the outcome?  God is looking for that faith in His people.  The faith to believe and trust in Him.  To know, beyond a shadow of doubt that He is God.  The faith that will make Him smile and say to all of heaven, "You see!?  Here is my son!  Here is my daughter!  They get it - they can taste and see that I am their God!"  I think He loves those opportunities to boast on us.

Unfortunately, most of the time, we cower in the face of adversity.  I know there are times when I do.  And I know that it hurts God.  I can only imagine how disappointed He must be sometimes because I give in to fear and doubt when all I have to do is look up to Him.  He is a prayer away yet there are times when I am facing a real trial that I neglect Him altogether because I am so busy trying to figure it out on my own.  Even though I know He has brought me through before - many times before, and I can clearly account for each time He provided a miracle, I can still catch myself with little or no faith at all.

The good news is that God is so loving and patient with us that He will never turn His back on us.  He is always there to make a way.  The men in today's scripture still faced lions, and fire, and enemies, and weapons, and war, and on-and-on but the word says that by faith they conquered, they overcame, the performed, they were made strong and their enemies were put to flight.  By faith... not in their own abilities but in God. 

Prayer
Lord, thank You for always having my back.  Thank You for the love and patience that You show me each and every day.  You are always by my side.  I need to tell You how sorry I am for the times that I have doubted You and have given in to fear and doubt when facing trials in my life.  Even though I know that You are bigger than any trial that can come my way, I still tried to face them on my own.  Please forgive my neglect.  I pray for Your strength and wisdom Lord for every day of my life - not just when I am in trouble.  I just want You to know that I am trying everyday to get to know You better and to live by the Spirit's leading so that when the next trial comes, You will be first on my mind - with a smile and a cheerful heart.

Have a blessed day everyone!

-Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment