Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Our Great God! – Job 35:9-11


9 "Men cry out under a load of oppression; they plead for relief from the arm of the powerful. 
10 But no one says, 'Where is God my Maker, who gives songs in the night, 
11 who teaches more to us than to the beasts of the earth and makes us wiser than the birds of the air?'
- Job 35: 9-11






Our Great God!
When do you find yourself crying out to God more - when you are going through a trial or when everything is going great?  If you are like me (and I had to take a hard and honest  look at this), then you lean more towards the trial side of things.  Why do we do this?  


I know that when everything is going well for me, I can get into an automatic pilot mode and just assume that God must be pleased with the way I am living so I just go happily about my days,  and except for my morning prayer time or my devotion time, there are times when I don't really give Him much thought.  I have really needed to repent of this kind of cavalier approach to my Creator.


I have come to realize that God is not a tool to use when I need to get out of a tight spot - like some omnipotent slim-Jim that will get me back in the driver seat when I've been locked out of my "normal" life.  He shouldn't be regarded as a quick-fix for my problems.  He is not a genie in a bottle to be used and called upon only when we want something, and I feel so ashamed for the times I have treated Him like that.


God is "the lover of my soul!"  He is the one who painstakingly designed each hair, each pore, each cell of skin and He molded me and shaped me and gave me breath.  He is the one who has taken me through my life, and He washed me clean of all my sin, by sacrificing what was most precious to Him - His Son - just so I could be with Him.  He is God of ALL things and He deserves better than what I give Him - better than what we all give Him.


He deserves All of our praise All of the time in All of our circumstances.  He would love to hear from you today too.  Why don't you take a few minutes and just let Him know how much you appreciate ALL that He has done for you.  Take some time to Love Him today!


Prayer
Father I just want to let You know how sorry I am for taking You for granted sometimes.  I must sound like a spoiled brat - only wanting my way and whining and complaining when things aren't just right.  I repent of that way of thinking and living.  I just want You to know that I love You.  I am so grateful for the life that You have given me and for taking the time to speak truth into my life.  I know that without You I can do nothing and I would be nothing so on this day, I give myself to You and I say "Here I am Lord, Take my life and use me - Let me be Your arms extended and show me how I can serve You.  


Have a blessed day everyone!


-Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment