Thursday, February 16, 2012

2 God is my strength, God is my song, and, yes! God is my salvation. This is the kind of God I have and I'm telling the world! This is the God of my father - I'm spreading the news far and wide!
– Exodus 15:2





Sing!
Did you start the day singing the Blues or did you start the day singing praises to our God?  I know I could have started singing the blues.  I just got in to work and my day is already in full-swing.  I haven't even had a chance to peruse the latest sports headlines like I usually do (I know - isn't that awful!).  Phones have been ringing, and emails needed answering, and the package art that was supposed to be done last week needed a last-minute change . . .  and then I was told that the  audio files that absolutely need to be sent for replication today (no ifs ands or buts!), are going to be delayed a few days, and because of ALL of this commotion . . . my coffee (which I haven't had time to drink) is stone-cold!  Blues - Blues - Blues (and a weird off-shade of purple!).

But I've chosen instead to start singing this little made-up praise to the Lord -

"God is Great!
He's never never late!
He never makes mistakes!
And He'll help me through this mess - NO MATTER WHAT IT TA-A-A-AKES!
He always gives me PEP!
He knows my every step!
He laughs when I dance and sing!
He created everything!
OH-OH-OH,  God is Great!

(sung to the tune of whatever is in your head right now).

I know, I know - not exactly a chart buster, but It has put me in the right mood to take care of all the tasks I have before me.  It has also put me in the right frame of mind to remember that all of the stresses and distraction that will come my way today are just passing moments that really are meaningless in the big picture of my life in Christ.  I can sing and be close to Him all day long – and I know that He does delight in my silly made-up songs.  After all, they are His gift to me to get me through my day.

How about you?  What can you sing about that will delight the Lord?  It doesn't have to be silly (not all of us are the silly type).  But if you try praising Him about who He is in the midst of your trial, He will delight in helping you get through it.

Prayer

Lord, may I always sing silly made-up praise songs because they remind me of Your love for me.  I pray that I can find joy in the midst of any circumstance and I hope that others can see Your love through my silliness.  I give the rest of my day to You Lord, and I lift up songs of praise and thanksgiving to let You know how much I love You!

Have an awesome day everyone!

–Richard

2 comments:

  1. Oh Must be Something in the Air! Singing in the shower, driving my boys up the wall but signing some Keith Green and 2nd chapter of acts this morning!!

    ReplyDelete