Tuesday, May 8, 2012

What is Your Reason? – 2 Samuel 7: 22

22 "For this reason You are great, O Lord GOD; for there is none like You, and there is no God besides You, according to all that we have heard with our ears
– 2 Samuel 7: 22




What is Your Reason?
From where I started to where I am today is miles and miles apart.  I have the saving grace of Jesus to thank for that, and yet I know that sometimes I don't show Him enough gratitude for delivering me from my old life – with all the rusty chains that held me down, and the one-way ticket to hell.  I was a mess, and I know that a lot of you have the same kind of story.  Kind of a "rags to riches" tale that speaks of God's Grace and unending Forgiveness.

After I was saved, I used to envy those people who grew up in Christian homes, and I would wish that I could go back and live my tumultuous childhood all over again, but this time with a "Godly" family.  I thought it would have been an easier life.  But as I grew in the knowledge of God's Grace, I soon realized that all of that baggage; all of the hurt; the innocence that was taken from me, and all of the years that were lost due to drugs and partying, only proved the greatness of His Love for me.  He, in all of His glory and wisdom, spoke my name one day, and I found myself giving my life to Him – the greatest day of my life.

I still think it is a very special thing to be able to grow up in a good Christian home, and I'm glad for my son that I was able to offer that to him, but I no longer wish I had grown up differently.  I am who I am because of what I was when He reached down and saved me – and for that, I am eternally grateful!

What is your reason for proclaiming God's greatness?  Has it been a while since you told Him how much you appreciate all He's done for you?  Take some extra time today to reflect on the grace He's shown you, and proclaim Him and His awesome plan for your life.  Really talk to our Lord, and share from your heart how much you appreciate ALL that He has given you through your salvation.

Prayer
Lord, You are a mighty and a great God.  I have seen Your power and I have felt Your compassion as I have grown up in You these past 20 years.  I want to thank You for protecting me as I was growing up.  You held my hand and even carried me through all of the evil that the enemy tried to destroy me with.  You restored me and You have given me gifts beyond what I could even ask or think.  You are MY God and I will love You with my whole heart – all the days of my life!

Have a blessed day everyone!

– Richard



1 comment:

  1. Amen!! A life of regret only bring us down. We get to rejoice in the Lord today for He has taken our broken pieces and is making beautiful vases from them. Thanks for the reminder =)

    ReplyDelete