Monday, May 21, 2012

Peaches, Apples, & Grapes – Galatians 5:22-23

22  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 
23  Gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
– Galatians 5:22-23



Peaches, Apples, & Grapes

Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self-control – I will do my best to live up to the power of this "fruit" in everything I do today and if I'm successful I will sing praises to God . . . but if I'm not, at the end of the day when I reflect on how things went today, I will still praise God and thank Him for His Grace. Then . . . I will lay my head down and be at peace.

You see the sweetness of this kind of fruit comes from the decisions and the choices that I will make throughout my day.

I choose to Love
– I will love because God is Love and I love Him - I will remind myself of that when criticism rears its ugly head.

I choose to have Joy
– I will invite God into my circumstances and I will choose to see my problems as an opportunity to show everyone how good God is.

I choose Peace
– I will forgive and I will seek forgiveness. I will not let me pride be offended by anything or anyone.

I choose to be Patient
– I will look for opportunities to be 2nd (or 3rd or 4th). I will smile when I am inconvenienced and I will thank God for the opportunity to wait.

I choose to be Kind
– I will think on how good and kind my Lord has been to me and I will do my best to pass that on to others.

I choose to be Good
– I will do the right thing and I will look for opportunities to show the love of Jesus to others.

I choose to be Faithful
– I will keep my promises and I will do my best to make sure that others can trust me - with everything I do.

I choose to be Gentle
– I will not raise my voice today  . . . except to praise my Savior.

I choose Self Control
– I will monitor myself and I will think on God and His love and Grace for me before I make any decision.

I choose to honor my Father today by doing my very best - for Him. My choices and my decisions will reflect who I am - according to His Word.  My actions will show others that I believe what my Father says about me.  And at the end of my day, I will lay me head down in Peace and I will rest in His Grace.

Prayer
Father, I give my day to you and I will make my choices according to who You say I am.  I will be fruitful to the best of my ability. And Lord, I ask for Your guiding hand to help me and to show me if my fruit begins to sour. Let my life reflect who You are so that others are drawn into Your loving arms.

Have a blessed day everyone!

– Richard





No comments:

Post a Comment