Thursday, April 26, 2012

Jesus is praying for you! – Luke 22:31-32

31 "Simon, Simon! Listen! Satan has received permission to test all of you, to separate the good from the bad, as a farmer separates the wheat from the chaff. 
32 But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith will not fail. And when you turn back to me, you must strengthen your brothers."
– Luke 22:31-32



Jesus is praying for you!

What comfort to know that our Lord prays for us.  He knows that we are going through many trials, both from the world, and also the trails that we put on ourselves – out of pride, or fear, or doubt, or anger, etc.  He cares that we overcome and that we get through it all so that we can stand strong in our faith.

The scripture also implies that we will surely be tested and that the enemy will even be given permission to try our faith.  And that's OK – because we have an intercessor (Jesus), who has a direct line with the Father.  Jesus' prayers for us are powerful, and if we are faithful to not turn away when things get tough, He will hold us up to the Father, and He will present us worthy.  As long as we hold on to Him, every day, He will pray for us, every day.  And every day – for that day – we will have victory over the enemy. Praise Jesus!

Now here's the important part . . . the scripture tells us (and this is so important)He (Jesus), expects us to encourage (strengthen), one another with our victories.  In fact it says we Must strengthen each other.  The victory that we receive shouldn't be hidden or hoarded like the "precious" in the Lord of the Rings movie.  It needs to be out there – shining brightly for all to see.  Your victory, or healing, or sobriety, or restored relationship, or new job, or paid bills, or whatever the situation might be, need to be told to everyone, so that they can receive encouragement, and so that they can know that we serve a God who cares – who loves us so very much that He takes the time to see to our every need!  No matter how small or insignificant we may think it is – Jesus covers it in prayer. People need to hear that so that they can have confidence when they face the same thing . . . or their own thing. They need to know that Jesus is there for them too!

I don't know about you, but I need His prayers every day, because when I open my eyes in the morning, I am waking up to a world that is out to destroy my faith.  I need Jesus to be speaking life to the Father . . . about me.  I need Him directing His angels before me (and after me), because I can leave a messy trail wherever I go.  I know that I need Him . . . believing in me . . . each and every day.  How about you?

PrayerLord Jesus, Thank You for being my Prayer Warrior.  Thank You for speaking to the Father on my behalf.  Thank You Lord for taking the time to see me through this day and for believing in me – so that I will 
persevere; so that I will overcome; so that I will stand victorious – this day – over anything and everything the enemy can devise to throw my way.

Have a blessed day everyone!

– Richard


No comments:

Post a Comment