Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Hope and Encouragement

7  But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us;
8  we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed ; perplexed, but not driven to despair;
9  persecuted, but not forsakenstruck down, but not destroyed;
10 always carrying in the body the death of Jesusso that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies
11 For we who live are always being given over to death for Jesus' sakeso that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh.
– 2 Corinthians 4:7-11 (English Standard Version)



Hope and Encouragement
It's only just barely Wednesday and already, this has been a long and tiring week – at least it has felt that way to me!  The rainy weather has my old friend arthritis playing havoc on my body, and work has been crazy, and even though I got them done last night, the stresses of having to get the taxes done has taken its toll, and the fact that I've been neglecting my school work and the semester looms ahead has me all stressed out, and-on-and-on, etc., etc., (now would be a good time for someone to play me a hauntingly sad song on the violin).  Add not feeling well and having no energy to the mix, and all I wanted to do today was crawl back into bed and sleep until weekend.  I know I can't do that though (sigh),
 . . . and so I press on.

How about you?  Has your week been as crazy, and tiring, and stressful as mine?  We all have different things that we are going through, and we are all affected in many different ways.  We can choose to give in to the pains, and the pressures, and the stresses, and use them as an excuse to escape from the world, but I think the Lord would rather we remember His Word that says, ALL of this happens "...so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our bodies." 

He does not, and He will not, give us more than we can handle (even though it may seem too much when we are in the moment), but He wants us to continually look to Him for our strength – our energy – our peace – our rest – our healing, and our delivery.  Christ IN us can do anything!  He will be our champion when we feel like we can't do one . . . more . . . thing.

He will be our smile and He will be our joy when we are so distraught, and sick, and tired, and stressed, and it seems like life has no meaning.  He will carry us when we feel like we are too weak to move.  He is so that we can be!  So let's look to Him today! Let's cry out to Jesus with eyes and arms and spirits lifted up! Let's show Jesus that we believe what He says and we are willing and ready to receive the life that only He can give us. 

Because according to God's Word to us, we may be afflicted in every way – but we will NOT be crushed. We may be perplexed about our situations – but if we look to Him we will NOT be driven to despair. We will be persecuted by the world – but because He is our Lord we will NOT be forsaken. We may, from time-to-time be struck down  but because of His shed blood, we will NOT be destroyed. 

He is our Deliverer, and He is our Redeemer, and He is our Portion! 

Thank You Jesus!

Prayer
Lord, I am so tired.  I have had a tough week and I need You right now.  I need You to help me to do the things I need to get through my day.  I know that in You I can do it all, and so I am asking You to be my strength and my energy today.  I need You to carry me a few steps so that I can get the momentum from Your love and joy.  Just a jump-start Lord – that's all I need right now, 
then I can carry You with me throughout the rest of my day. Thank You Lord – You are always there for me, and You never neglect me.  I love You.

Have a blessed day everyone!

– Richard

1 comment:

  1. Lord, I agree with Richard's prayer and ask that You fill him a fresh and a new with Your Holy Spirit. I come against any darkness that the enemy would want to use to hold him back and pray Holy Spirit that You stir up within Richard a fire to accomplish all that You lay at his feet. I pray that You pour out Your wisdom and knowledge for him as he does his school work. Lastly I pray for Your healing hand to be upon him, lifting the pain from his body and pouring Your new life into him today. I ask all of these things in Jesus Name.

    ReplyDelete