Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I Hope So – Psalm 33:20-22

20 We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. 
21 In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. 
22 May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in you.
– Psalm 33:20-22



I Hope So
Help for any situation is available through our Lord, Jesus.  The Bible is a book of HOPE and in it we can always find scripture that reminds us that God is our help and our shield; that we can rejoice, and our hearts can leap in our chest at the mere thought of His grace, and His goodness, and His love for us.

I don't know about you but I need to remember these things.  I need to read the words and think on how truly amazing God has been in my life – especially when I was weak and I needed Him the most.

I had a nervous breakdown once and it wasn't pretty.  One day after work (when I was living in Texas), I got in my car and I just started driving. I didn't know where I was going but I just wanted to get away.  Looking back, were things really that bad? No, not really, but in my mind they were, and all I knew to do was to just get away.  I wasn't in my right mind and if I'm to be truthful, it crossed my mind during those 3 days of driving to plow my car into an embankment or off a bridge – but God. . .

God knew the confusion in my mind and the pain in my heart, and He knew that I needed protection to get me to a place where I could be safe and let Him help me regain my thoughts and see clearly again . . . He lead me safely to my parent's house in Oregon.  When I arrived, I slept for days.  I don't even remember how I got there or which route I took – that's how out of it I was.  God got me through that "glimpse" of time in my life, and He protected me until I was able to see and think clearly again.  I know that I, in my debilitated state of mind, cursed Him a few times during that breakdown, but He still loved me and He still saw to it that I was OK.

He loves us so very much!  He knows that we aren't perfect, and that 
from time-to-time, we are going to make a mess of things.  He never questions and He never accuses – He just says:

"Come into the strength and protection of my loving arms and let Me care for you. I will hold on to you and I will see you through. I will make you strong once again because I made you. I know the success you are to become, and I have a plan for you to bring others to Me.  You are mine and I will never leave you."

So you see, no matter what you are facing today, no matter what is up against you, there is Hope!  God is our Help and He is our Shield, and He will get you through whatever it is that you are facing. Just call out to him . . . He will never fail you!

Prayer
Father thank you for Your loving arms of protection. You are my hope and I thank You for all those time when I needed You and You were faithful.  You hear me cry and You reached Your hand across the heavens – just for me.  I trust in Your love and in Your peace.

Have a blessed day everyone!

– Richard



No comments:

Post a Comment