Friday, June 8, 2012

Climb That Rock – Psalm 61:2

2 From the ends of the earth, I will cry to You for help, for my heart is overwhelmed. Lead me to the towering rock of safety,
3 for You are my safe refuge, a fortress where my enemies cannot reach me.
– Psalm 61:2



Climb That Rock
When life is chasing you down, trying to steal your last bit of sanity; when circumstances are crushing down on you like a sumo wrestler sitting on a grape; when the very air that keeps you alive is filled with the stench of gossip, and slander, and back-biting; when everything you thought was right in the world has turned on you like a 30-day old macaroni salad, where do you turn? Who will be there to give you comfort> How can anyone offer to ease your torment when they are facing torments of their own?  What on earth do you do?

From the ends of the earth; from point A to point B; from your bedroom to your kitchen and on out to the farthest corner of your backyard . . . cry out to Jesus!  Go ahead, I'll cry out with you . . . J-E-S-U-S!

It sounds silly you say?  People might think I'm weird you mutter?  Who cares!  They already probably think your life is looking pretty pathetic!  It doesn't matter what people think. It ONLY matters what YOU think . . . about HIM!

Jesus is our Rock! HE is our Fortress!  He is our Strong Tower! He is our Deliverer!  And (here comes the one we all know), if HE is for us . . . then NO-ONE can be against us!

So why do we wait until things are way out of control before we look to our Champion to help us out? Sad to say I haven't figured that one out myself either.  I still get into the rut of trying to solve things myself until myself gets me in way too deep - but I'm getting better!  I'm learning to recognize the quicksand and avoid the Kool-Aid.  I've started recognizing the DANGER signs and I'm learning to cry out to Jesus early on so that I don't get to the point of my heart being overwhelmed.  BUT, I am not so naive to think that somewhere in my future, the time will come when I will be crushed and my world will fall apart.  I only hope and pray that I will have the strength and the wisdom to make my heart's cry whose Heart cries out for me. My Savior, my Lord, the One True Love of my life . . . J-E-S-U-S!

Are you facing something big today? How about something little? How about anything at all?  If you are facing anything at all today that could potentially snowball into a major life crisis, call out to Him. He will lead you to His Towering Rock of Safety - His Fortress - His Hiding Place - His Still Waters - His Open Arms and His Waiting Heart.

He is there for you . . . just cry out!

Prayer
Lord Jesus, I pray for all those who need to cry out to You today. Remind them of Your Power and Your Grace! Show them Your Love and the Peace the comes from spending time with You . . . at Your Towering Rock of Safety!

Have a blessed day everyone!

– Richard


No comments:

Post a Comment