Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I Hope So! – 1 Peter 1:13

13 Therefore, prepare your minds for action, keep sober in spirit, fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.
– 1 Peter 1:13





I Hope So!
Hope is one of those catch-all words that can mean a lot of different things depending on who is hoping, and what they are hoping for.  As Christians, there is only one hope for us – or at least that's what it should be.

When I was a kid I used to hope for a lot of things.  Most of them would never come true but I hoped for them anyway.  Like most kids in our country, I was preoccupied with material things and satisfying my need for "stuff."  I used to wish and hope and dream and plan about things that I would never realize.  I remember one time hoping that I would be a millionaire so that I could buy myself a fire truck.  I was 6 at the time and if I remember correctly, the year before I hoped I could BE a fire truck!  That just shows the kind of silly things my imagination put priority on.

God built the need to hope in us.  So even though as kids we all hoped for silly things (I know I'm not the only one), it was because of the wonderful gift of hope that our Father in heaven, in His infinite wisdom, blessed us with.  He knew that one day, we would come to realize the fullness of the meaning of hope, and the one true reason He birthed it in us.  I believe He sits in eager anticipation of that Aha! moment when each of us recognizes Christ as our Savior and our one true Hope.

So understanding the hope that we now have, the bible tells us to prepare our minds for action and to keep sober in spirit!  Keep hoping and realize what and who you are – in Him!  The resurrected Christ is our King, and our Way to the Father, and we are given this blessed hope because He first loved us and called us to Himself!  It is nothing that we did or could ever do – it is only by grace that we were given this precious gift.

He is our eternal Life and our proclamation of Glory!  We need to share our hope with a world that has none – or that is hoping for material or worldly things.  We need to show them the difference that they can have in their lives by displaying the hope that we have!  We should be beacons of hope that will lead those with lost or misguided hope, to the Hope and to the Light of Christ!

Prayer
Father, I am so thankful for the hope that You have given me, in the gift of Christ.  Lord Jesus, you are my reason for being and my hope for the day when I will be with You in eternity.  You have brought joy to my life and I am forever grateful.  I pray that I can share that same hope with those who you bring across my path and that I never pass on an opportunity to share the Hope that I have in You!

Have a blessed day everyone!


–Richard 

No comments:

Post a Comment