Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Grace Is For Everyone – Ephesians 2:4-9


4 But because of His great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 
5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions--it is by grace you have been saved. 
6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with Him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, 
7 in order that in the coming ages He might show the incomparable riches of His grace, to us in Christ Jesus. expressed in His kindness 
8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God – 
9 not by works, so that no one can boast.
- Ephesians 2:4-9



Grace Is For Everyone
Do you ever think about Grace?   God's Grace in particular?  It's something I've been thinking a lot about lately.  I still have trouble sometimes, trying to rationalize why God sent Grace my way.  I mean, I am nothing - and I certainly don't deserve it - especially back before I was first saved . . . I REALLY didn't deserve it then, but He chose to gift it to me anyway.  He still gifts it my way, every second, of every moment, of every day.

I am so humbled and so in awe of how God continues to work in my life, and I know that I'll never be able to justify it.  I can however, "gift" Grace to someone else.  I can choose to show grace throughout my day to those who don't know the love of our Father - and even to those who do.  Sometimes I forget that I am supposed to reflect His Love to those around us.  A BIG part of that love is Grace.

Believe me, I know how difficult it can be.  That so-and-so zipping in and out of traffic on the freeway; the guy who took the parking place - even though it was clearly meant for someone else;  the kid in the car who has his sub-woofer thumping hip-hop so loud that it is shaking everyone else's car;  the girl gabbing on-and-on about absolutely nothing so that everyone on the bus is now a part of her conversation;  the coworker who is not pulling their weight;  the fast-food clerk who just can't seem to get the order right; the inconsiderate person who brought their crying baby to the movie theater...and on-and-on the list goes.  All those people who annoy us and make our lives a little less "convenient" - yep, they deserve grace too.

I know I have been the person stealing a parking spot, or playing the stereo too loud, or doing something to annoy someone else, so I really don't have a right to complain . . . but I do.  I do it way too often sometimes.  The Lord has really shown me that I need to be less annoyed with people, and start showing them Grace and Love and Kindness.  I need to always be mindful that I am His child ONLY because He FIRST loved me.  I am, and always will be, undeserving of our Father's Love, and the Grace He so freely gives me, and I have no right to treat anyone as if I hold some sort of position over them.  I am nothing, therefore I should be gracious to all.

Prayer
Father, please forgive my ungrateful heart.  Thank You for reminding me that You are the reason for the very breath and life in me.  Thank You for showing me that the best way to reflect who You are is to show Grace and Mercy and Kindness and Love to those around me.  I pray that I can start today to not show impatience, or be annoyed, or pass judgment on anyone and I ask for the help of Your Holy Spirit because on my own, I know that I will fail.  But Lord, with Your help I can do anything!

Have a blessed day everyone!

- Richard

1 comment:

  1. Amen! We need to not only show that grace and patience with others but with ourselves too. For me walking in God's forgiveness allows me to be that extension of His grace and to lighten up with others and myself. Thanks for the confirmation to what He has been speaking to me too!

    ReplyDelete