Friday, July 13, 2012

It's God In Us! – Genesis 41:16

16 Joseph answered, "Not I, but God. God will set Pharaoh's mind at ease."
– Genesis 41:16



It's God In Us!
Joseph was one smart hombre.  He knew where his wisdom came from.  He knew that it was God who gave him favor, and he enjoyed living in the F.O.G. every day.  But it wasn't always the case, and it took Joseph quite a few years to get to the point in his life where he was able to understand that it is God who gives, and it is God who takes away.  In his youth, Joseph was pretty self-centered and very spoiled.  He thought very highly of himself and was oblivious to what was happening around him.  It took half of his life spent as a slave and a prisoner, being able to see and experience God moving in and through him – through his adversity – to get to this point of understanding and wisdom.

God is our source of power.  He is the One who gave us the ability and capability to speak, to think, to move, to feel, and to breathe. He designed our very first heartbeat, and He is the One who gently pulled our first breath out of our tiny lungs.  Our life, our being, our very existence, is all about God, and He alone is wise.  Any "wisdom" we presume to have, any street-smarts, or business savvy, or keen intuition that we think we've developed throughout our lifetime, is only through the providence of our Heavenly Father.  So with that understanding, why then do we try to do things out of our own abilities?  When a problem arises, why do we make God the last resort?  It happens all the time, and it proves my point.  If we were really wise (and street smart, and business savvy, and with a keen intuition, etc.), then we would recognize Who has the answer for any and all of our problems and we would go to Him FIRST!  We would trust His council and heed His advice.  We would pour over every letter of His Word so that we could gain some understanding of His heart and His love for us.  We would seek Him every day, and we would draw as close to Him as we possibly could so that our confidence in His authority would be our go-to pitch.

Joseph was confident in God.  He knew that God could do anything because he'd experienced it for himself.  He understood that no matter the circumstance or situation, God was there and that the only way through it was to trust completely and wholly in Him.  Joseph was not afraid to tell Pharaoh, "I can't do it," or "I don't have the answer," or "I'm not able."  He was bold, in fact, in these statements, but he was bolder still when he proclaimed, "God will set Pharaoh's mind at ease!" "God CAN do it!" "God WILL do it!"  Joseph knew that by honoring God first, the situation would resolve itself, and things would turn out good for him as well.

You see, God is in us.  He is always there, and if we will just acknowledge Him and allow Him to be God in and of our lives FIRST, then no matter what we face, we will have the answer we need, when we need it, and how it needs to happen.  It's God.  God in us.  God through us. God with us.  The Strong and Mighty God.  The Wise God.  Our Father . . . who loves us very much!

Prayer
Father, You are God!  Your Will be done!  You are my Portion and my Shield, and my Strength!  Thank You for always having my back and for handling all my situations.  Forgive me for the times when I leave You behind.  Forgive my pride and my ignorance.  Help me to always be mindful that You are in me!  I love You my Father!

Have a blessed day everyone!

– Richard



No comments:

Post a Comment