Monday, April 8, 2013

What Do You Want? – 1 Kings 3:9

9"Here's what I want: Give me a God-listening heart so I can lead your people well, discerning the difference between good and evil. For who on their own is capable of leading your glorious people?" 
– 1 Kings 3:9



What Do You Want?
When you pray, what kind of things do you ask for? Do you ask for healing?  Maybe a new job?  Perhaps your prayers are for the safety and well-being of friends or family members.  All of these are good and worthy prayers and I'm sure God hears and responds to all of them. But have you ever considered praying for a God-listening heart?  It might sound something like this:

Lord, may my motives, and my desires—every thought, and every intention—all my hopes and my dreams be what You want and have planned for my life.  May I be so in tune with Your heart, that my heart beats in the same time, and strength, and frequency. I want what You want for me so that my life will be an example of Your Love, and Your Grace, and Your Victory. I want others to see and to know the good and loving God that I know, so Lord, I pray for more of You in my life. 

I think if that was truly our desire and our prayer, above any other prayer, we would see the healings, and the blessings, and the rest of our prayers be answered as a result.  We would see a transformation take place that would truly impact the world around us.  We would walk in Victory over anything the world can throw at us and God would be glorified and on-display in a real and practical way.

Do you want to be a powerful witness for our Lord?  Do you want to live each day in Victory?  Do you want to hear from God and know and understand His voice?  Me too!  So let's take and implement in our prayer lives, a note from the pages of young King Solomon's life.  Let's pray the wise prayer for a God-listening heart.  Let's pray for what God wants!  Let's see what He can do when our heart beats in tune with His.  

I want that . . . how about you?

Prayer
Father, Give us a God-listening heart so we can live well and lead your children into a deeper and closer relationship with You.  Show us what You desire and have planned for our lives . . . Victorious, Grace-filled, and Blessed lives indeed!

Have a Blessed day everyone!

– Richard


1 comment:

  1. Praise God for you, dear brother. That is exactly my prayer to Him and the heartbeat of so many others. You put it into words splendidly by His power. Thank You, Jesus. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete