Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Where is God? – 1 Samuel 3:1

1 The boy Samuel was serving God under Eli's direction. This was at a time when the revelation of God was rarely heard or seen.
– 1 Samuel 3:1



Where is God?
Has it been a while since you felt or heard from God?  Has the day-to-day grind of life gotten to the point where you're wondering if He's around at all, or if He even cares?  No need to wonder any longer.  I'm here to tell you that God is alive and always right by your side.

Sometimes however, God lets life happen for a while.  He waits and watches to see how we are going to respond to the pressures of life and also to the successes that we've built up for ourselves.  In ALL things called "life,"  sometimes God just wants to wait.  And that's OK.  He is still in control and His will and His plan will still come to fruition.  But in the deafening silence of His presence, we have to live like He's right there whispering encouragement and blessings into our ears at every moment of every day.  We absolutely, without a single waiver of our faith, trust that His Holy Spirit is our ever-present help . . . even when we can't "feel" the electric energy of His mighty hand upon our lives, and even when we can't "see" the evidence of His existence anywhere around us.

In the desert places, in the quiet solitude amidst the chaos of life, God is looking for you, and He's looking for me, and He's watching to see if we will take His stand, where we are, in the middle of the evil that surrounds us, and shine His light, unashamedly, un-timidly, without reservation or care for our own reputation.  He's biding His time, He's planning the occasion, He's eagerly appointing the hour when He will quietly whisper our name and let us know that He is still there.

But during the quiet, when the enemy is trying to convince you that God is nowhere, take pause and shout back "God Is NOW Here!"  And I will stand!  And I will praise Him!  And I will be ALL He created me to be!  For I am a Victorious Mighty Warrior of the Living Christ, and my cause is to seek Him, and to serve Him, every day and for all my days!  No matter what anybody or any circumstance would try to convince me otherwise . . . MY God, will never leave me, and He will never forsake me!  Cause that's just how my Dad rolls!

And every day . . . for all your days . . . God is God . . . and HE, is forever on the Throne . . . and HE, is ALWAYS, right there with you.

Prayer
Father, thank You for Your ever present help in my life.  Thank You for watching over me and for sending Your Holy Spirit to help me through my trials.  Forgive my unbelief when things get tough and I focus on my life instead of on Your life for me.  Help me to remember every day, for all my days, that You are my God.  The Big God.  The Strong God.  The God who never leaves and who loves me so very much!

Have a blessed day everyone!

– Richard


No comments:

Post a Comment