Wednesday, January 27, 2016

When the Spirit Guides

Then the Spirit said to Philip, "Go up and join this chariot."
– Acts 8:29



Are you aware that the Holy Spirit is constantly with you, walking beside you?  Do you feel Him helping you in your day-to-day activities?  I think that sometimes, the Holy Spirit is the most neglected of the Trinity and He is the One who is here expressly to help us get through this thing called life.

I like to think of the Holy Spirit like a fishing guide.  My brother and I took a fishing trip one time and we hired a guide because we were going to a lake we had never been to before.  When we got to the lake, the guide had everything ready for us – all the tools we would need for a successful trip.  He had all of the tackle and bait prepared, the boat was fueled up and ready to go, he checked the weather reports, and he had already consulted with other resources to make sure that we would be fishing in spots that would yield the best catches and result in a memorable outing.

Had we not hired a guide, we would have gone to the bait store and just guessed at what to get; we would have driven around the lake and picked a spot based on proximity to parking (since we didn't have a boat); we would have thrown our line in the water blindly hoping that a fish would swim by – our trip would probably have been unsuccessful.  And while I'm sure we would have had a good time, we would not have had a fruitful time.

The Holy Spirit is like the guide – He knows your life and He knows the situations you are going to encounter today.  Listen for His voice and you just might hear Him say, "throw your line over there, I want you to talk to that person," or "try this approach, This person needs to hear some kind words today."  Let Him guide you through your day and let Him use you to reach this hurting world – you will be amazed at the success you have navigating through this thing called life.

Prayer
Lord, I thank You for Your wisdom in providing the Holy Spirit as a helper for my life.  I know sometimes I neglect or even ignore His promptings and for that I am so sorry.  Help me to have an ear to hear His promptings and the courage to act on them.  I pray that I will never be too busy to listen to Him because I know that He is helping me fulfill Your plan for my life.  I welcome Your Spirit right now and I ask that You use me Lord, use me to reach your world, through the divine guidance of Your Holy Spirit.

Have a Blessed day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment