Monday, February 1, 2016

Serve God to Get Your Answer

14 Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.
– Psalm 27:14 (NIV)


When we are seeking God for an answer, we have to be careful not to go ahead and move in the direction of the answer that we want instead of the answer God wants for us.  We must wait for a clear answer from God before making a move in that direction.  It is easy to get ahead of God so I propose this instead . . . the next time you need an answer from God, or a breakthrough, or a blessing, wait on Him by serving Him – like a waiter.

Devote your time to Him and keep your eyes fixed on His kingdom.  Serve Him with the attention to detail that you would expect from a waiter at a fine restaurant.  Make sure that every detail is taken care of and busy yourself with ministering to Him through service to His people.  Take notice of those in need around you and see what you can do to take care of those needs.  Open your eyes to the hurting world around you and serve God by your service to them.

Your answer, or your blessing, or your breakthrough will come while you are going about your Father's business and you will have strengthened your faith and compassion and zeal for His church at the same time.  It is a win-win scenario.

Prayer
Lord, I recognize that I need to wait on You by serving You and ministering to Your church.  Help me to see the needs of others around me so that I can take my eye off of my own selfish desires.  Help me to have compassion for Your people and for those who need You so badly.  Thank You Lord for Your perfect timing and for strengthening my faith in You as I wait for Your answer to my prayer.

Have a Blessed Day Everyone!

-Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment