Monday, October 29, 2012

Whats the Big Idea? – Judges 14: 3-4

3 His parents said to him, "Isn't there a woman among the girls in the neighborhood of our people? Do you have to go get a wife from the uncircumcised Philistines?" But Samson said to his father, "Get her for me. She's the one I want - she's the right one." 
4 (His father and mother had no idea that God was behind this, that He was arranging an opportunity against the Philistines. At the time the Philistines lorded it over Israel.)
– Judges 14: 3-4


Whats the Big Idea?
Do you know what God is doing?  Do you have any idea?   God's idea is THE Big idea – ALWAYS!  There really isn't any other idea that compares!  Have you even taken the time to think about it?  I have to admit that I haven't always had my "Spiritual ear" to the ground, straining to hear the vibrations of God's hand working here and there.  For most of my Christian life I just went about my daily doings, clueless and content in my own walk and my Salvation.

Then a concept of my life was presented to me this way by a mentor:  Do you realize that you're not just living your life?  You think you are, but God is always working – He's leading you through experiences, and He's bringing other lives together around you so that His purpose can be carried out . . . IF, you are in tune and know the sound and the call of His voice.

I was thrown for a loop on that one!  I'd never thought of it like that but it made sense.  God is always at work so why wouldn't He have plans for someone like me?  I mean, why else would He have called me at such a specific time in my life?  The same for you too!  You were called and saved at precisely the time God wanted to start your training, to accomplish His purpose in and through your life.  We all were . . . Praise God!

The opportunities that God is arranging will go on with, or without us.  Wouldn't it be something if we were able to recognize where God is working so that we could join with Him in His work?  The roadblocks that seem to hinder our efforts in ministry would cease to exist because God would be clearing the way and leading us where, when, and how He wants to minister to people.  

Can you imagine how this world could change if we started each day asking ourselves, "Lord, what's the Big idea?"  

Prayer
Father, help us to recognize where You are working so we can join with You.  Forgive us when we try to put our own ideas ahead of Yours, we are trying but we recognize that our own efforts fail where Your work changes lives forever.  Help us to recognize when we are getting ahead of Your plans so that we can get back in line and let You lead the way.

Have a Blessed day everyone!

– Richard


No comments:

Post a Comment