Thursday, August 23, 2012

Hey You! – Exodus 33:17

17 God said to Moses: "All right. Just as you say; this also I will do, for I know you well and you are special to me. I know you by name."
– Exodus 33:17



Hey You!
God knows your name!  He knows my name.  He knows everything about us.  He has our back.

Think about it . . . He knows every freckle, every wrinkle, every mole, and every weird "what-the-heck-is-that?"  He's tuned in to every thought, wish, dream, desire, like and dislike.  He knows the best we can be and He knows the worst we can be, He knows what makes us laugh, and what makes us cry.  He has information on us that even we don't have!

So why is it . . . that sometimes we think we can put one over on Him?  You know what I'm talking about . . . the "church" side of us that we don't let out on Sundays . . . bitterness, anger, jealousy, pettiness, etc., etc.

Our brothers and sisters at church may not see it, but God does.  He's not fooled one bit by the masquerade that goes on on Sunday mornings around the world.  Oh, please know that I understand fully that we sincerely try to approach God on Sundays with the utmost reverence and respect – I'm not discounting that at all!  No, I'm talking about the "us" that lives Monday through Saturday (or any time were alone with our own personal demons running amok inside our heads).  God doesn't just see or know us on Sundays.  He is aware 24 / 7 / 365. He knows the me and you that even we don't know, every, single, day, of, our, lives.  

So let's stop pretending that we're all OK.  Let's take off the masks that we're so good at wearing.  Let's show God that we know and understand Who He IS!  Let's really give Him the respect He deserves by being and acting like His chosen church.  Let's put aside anything and everything that might hold back His hand of Grace.  Let's show HIm that we are aware of the attention He gives us.  Let's put a smile on God's face today

Prayer
Father, Thank You for knowing my name.  Thank You for being my Father.  Forgive me for the masks that I put on and for trying to hide who I really am sometimes.  Help me to be aware of Your presence throughout my day and every day . . . until the day Jesus comes back and I can bow at Your feet.

Have a blessed day everyone!

– Richard


No comments:

Post a Comment