Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Gift of You – 2 Samuel 7:20

20 What can I possibly say in the face of all this? You know me, Master God, just as I am.
– 2 Samuel 7:20



The Gift of You
Have you ever struggled with accepting who you are?  You know, sometimes wishing you could look like someone else, or sing like someone else, or have the gifts and talents that someone else has, and, if we're honest, there have been times we've even gone so far as to want the life that someone else has!  Oh how that must hurt the very heart of God!

We are who we are because that's how God created us!  Every freckle, every strand and color of hair, all our quirks and faults, our talents and abilities, our temperament, the way we handle things like stress, success, failure, and even adversity.  God even hand picked that crooked little toe - you know the one . . . it has the weird mini-nail that always seems to be in-grown . . . what? You don't have that?  Hmmm . . . must just be me then.  

Nevertheless, the you you are today is the you God created you to be, and He expects that in all things "you," that you live up to the you He created you to be.  Just you.  Just the way you are.  Simply you.

I know, I know . . . as my Pastor likes to say, "YBH,"  or, Yes, But How?  When this world demands that you live up to standards set by retailers and their advertising agents whose sole desire is for you to constantly redo "you" so that you will become consumed with the latest thing to make the "New and Improved" you.  It's easy to get caught up in someone else's readily apparent glamorous life, when yours just seems to be plodding along in the ho-hum mediocrity of "life."

Well . . . "Life" is a miracle in itself.  A gift straight from the mouth of God.  And our life, and those we live with, and around, and interact with every day . . . are miracles.  A chance to reveal God and to share Joy, and Peace, and Love so that the very nature of God is lived out through us.  So . . . the "how" is for us to get up every morning and thank our Father for the ability and opportunity to live another day.  Then, as we spend quality time with Him . . . you know, getting to know Him and building a Love Relationship with Him, HE will give us the ability to see clearly again.  To go beyond the superficial and to realize the gift that we are, just as we are, to Him!

Yes, I said we are a gift to God.  You – and me – gifts!  When we live our lives believing in, and living for the One who created life in the first place, it is a gift.  Especially when you consider the efforts in this world to deny Him, and to replace Him with human substitutes, the greatest gift we can give to our Maker is to say . . . You know me Master God, just as I am, and I am here . . . just as I am . . . wholly committed to and for . . . You!

Be a gift to God this Christmas season.  Be yourself.  The best "you" you can be.  Just you.  It will warm the very heart of God.

Prayer
Father,  Here I am.  In all my inability I give myself to You and I will live this life that You have given me to the fullest.  Thank You for making me unique and for letting me see that the best way to live this life is in a love-relationship, with You.  Merry Christmas Father God!

Have a Blessed day everyone!

– Richard


No comments:

Post a Comment